Visit by GES
Visit by GES provide software for event registration, event intelligence and lead management. They're focused on large, in-person events, both business-to-business and business-to-customer.
I worked for them from November 2019 to August 2020. In that time I completely overhauled their end user documentation, introduced new docs formats, and simplified their docs setup and processes.
Over the course of nine months I:
- Managed the docs tooling, especially the new project setup in MadCap Flare. This included decisions around how to handle style re-use, and how to make the docs easier for other people to work on.
- Wrote all-new webhelps for their three web applications: Visit, Visit Connect and Visit Account. This accompanied the release of Visit 4, and provided both fresh content and fresh branding.
- Produced context sensitive help for Visit, using MadCap Flare.
- Consulted on ways to improve usability and onboarding experiences. This included invesitigating a possible new product direction (a self-service option), and submitting a proposal for a certification course.
- Provided input on UI copy.
- Overhauled the internal Confluence docs space, ensuring working instructions were up-to-date.
- Advocated for accessibility.
My manager at Visit kindly provided a testimonial.