Find and remove AWS services
Check what AWS services you are using, and remove them.
AWS provides a bewildering array of services. As a tutorial tester and incurable experimentor, I’ve lost track of the AWS services I have running (and using up my free tier). Here’s how to check what you have running:
- Log in to your console.
- Select Resource Groups > Tag Editor.
- Select your region. You can select more than one (annoyingly, they don’t have a “Select all” option at present)
- Under Resource types, select All resource types.
- Select Search resources. This returns a list of all your AWS resources for the selected regions.
- Follow the links to each resource to delete them.
Note: Carefully check what you’re deleting. You probably don’t want to delete all your identity management and security groups, for example.